Minute of 1st Technical Committee on Competition
System, 7 July 1999
Item 1 Setting Up of Technical Committee
- It was agreed that the Technical Committee on Competition System would comprise of
representatives from all affiliated clubs. Each affiliated clubs could have one vote in
the meeting and the voting representative should be OAHK registered members.
- The quorum for the meeting should be one/fourth of the affiliated clubs. The Technical
Secretary should act as the Chairman at the meeting. In the absence of the Technical
Secretary, any one of the club・s representative
could be appointed to act as the Chairman by the TS.
- Every proposal at the meeting should be decided by voting with one/half of the clubs
present. Members must vote for, against and abstain. In the case of an equality of votes,
the Chairman of the meeting should have a casting vote.
- Competition System
- TS said that in the coming four years, a maximum of 5 Colour Coded Events and 5
Champions League Events would be organised each year.
- Each affiliated club could apply to organise only 1 Colour Coded Event and 1 Champions
League Event each year. And the event application form should be submitted to OAHK on or
before 31 May each year.
- Every Champions League Events should be held in the span of a period of not less than14
- Steve from POC asked the comments from the meeting on organising two events in one day
as clubs usually organised Champions League Event and their clubs・ Championships at the same day. More mistakes might be occurred and
the administration procedure might be more complicated. The meeting agreed that clubs
could decide by themselves.
- The meeting agreed that competitors in the Champions League Events could not ranked in
the Colour-coded Events and no individual prizes would be presented to them. They could
only be the guest runners in the Colour-coded Events.
- Registrar said that OAHK would set new computer programme for the ranking result.
Participants need not choose whether they wish to join the Colour-coded Ranking as the new
computer programme would automatically calculate their score if they were eligible to join
the Colour-coded Ranking.
- The meeting agreed that the classes and the level of difficulties of the Colour-coded
Events would be amended as follows :
||Equivalent Ranking Classes
||D18, H16, D21A (non-ranking class)
||D20, H18, D35, H21A (non-ranking class)
||H20, D21, H40
- The meeting agreed to add a new colour course ：Red；
in the Colour-coded Events.
- The meeting agreed to add two non-ranking classes: D21A & H21A in the Colour-coded
Item 3 Any Other Business
- TS said that the promotion system and the event officials・
registration system would be discussed at the next meeting.
He proposed that the number of competitors in the League Events to be increased to 200. He
wished clubs could recommend the juniors and those who were aged 35 or above to join the
League Events and the number of HE runners would be limited to 20
TS said that clubs need to submit the
list of officials, i.e controller, event organiser, course setter & mapper who had
organised League or Colour-coded Events in the past years. OAHK would issue certificates
to these officials and training courses would be organised.
Item 4 End of Meeting
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 2130 hours. The next
meeting would be held on 21 July 1999, 7pm at the Sports House. All club・s were advised to send at least one representative to the meeting.